The Atlanta Recorder Society’s mission is to promote recorder playing in the metro Atlanta area through information about upcoming events, opportunities for group playing, connecting recorder players in the area, concerts, workshops, and other opportunities.
We normally meet monthly, usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month (but check our calendar for possible date changes) for a 2 hour playing session. Playing sessions are held at Morningside Presbyterian Church, Room 201, located at 1411 North Morningside Dr, Atlanta, GA 30306, from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. We will have copies of music to play from, but please bring your own instrument(s) and a music stand.
Due to COVID-19, we now meet on-line (via Zoom). Scheduled events for 2021 are:
- January 22-23, in lieu of a meeting, we co-host the annual Mid-Winter workshop
- Sunday, February 21st (3:00 to 4:30 eastern time), guest leader is Frances Blaker (members only)
- Sunday, March 21st, in lieu of a meeting, we host our annual Consort Day event
- Sunday, April 18th (3:00 to 4:30 eastern time), guest leader is Emily O’Brien (members only)
- Sunday, May 16th (3:00 to 4:30 eastern time), guest leader is Rainer Beckmann (members only)
In celebration of March being “Play the Recorder Month” instead of a playing session we host our annual Consort Day. Consort Day is an opportunity for individuals and small groups of musicians to gather together to play and hear each other’s accomplishments.
We encourage you to contact us if you would like more information or are interested in joining the ARS.
You may reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(this goes to both Mickey Gillmor, the membership coordinator, and Charlie Schultz, the president)
Mail: Atlanta Recorder Society, 947 Blue Ridge Avenue, Atlanta, GA US, 30306
You can also find us on Facebook.