Each year, the Atlanta Chapter of the American Recorder Society celebrates Play the Recorder Month by hosting our very own Consort Day. This tradition began in 1996 as an opportunity for the various established ensembles in our community to play for an audience.
This year’s Consort Day will be a virtual event, broadcast live through the Zoom platform, on March 20th, 2022 at 3 PM (eastern time). Soloists or ensembles may submit performances of works in either video or audio format. Submissions are due no later than Saturday, March 12, 2022. Attendance is open to all.
Zoom link: TBD
- Each complete performance may be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
- Performances may be video or audio format.
- Each tune must include at least one recorder.
- At least one member of the group must be an Atlanta Recorder Society member.
- Any talking, program notes, or explanations are included as part of the 15-minute limit.
- Submit all recordings to Jody Miller no later than Saturday, March 12, 2022.
- Submissions may be emailed, or they can be uploaded to Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or another cloud service. It is the responsibility of the submitting party to verify the recordings were received. Please do not upload performances to YouTube.
- Along with the recording, performers should submit title of work, movements performed, composer, composer dates, and performers’ names.
- The Atlanta Recorder Society reserves the right to trim or edit performances for time.
For inquiries, to register as a performer or to send a link to your performance, please contact Jody Miller. Include the name of your group, the names of the people performing, the title and composer of your piece and/or pieces, and the approximate length of your performance.
Even if you do not wish to perform we would love to have you join us as the music is sure to be enjoyable and the performers will appreciate your support.